We manufacture a large range of zinc components for various industries with machine tonnage ranging from 25 ton to 150 ton. Pressure die casting is a process where molten metal alloy is injected under high pressure into a steel mold (or tool), and solidifies rapidly (within milliseconds) to form a net shaped component and is then automatically extracted.
The die casting tool will typically produce any number of components from hundred of thousands to millions, before requiring replacement.
Benefits of STX Precision die-casting:
- Cost-effective mass production
- Value engineering minimize secondary process and machining cost
- Manufacture of complicated 3D shapes
- Consistent quality over high volumes
- Tight tolerances achieved as cast
- Minimal draft angles on internal features
- Good tool maintenance / longer tool die life
- Lower tool cost using multi-slide process